Or How I Learned To Stop Worrying And Let Gaga Be Great
1. Denial- This isn’t happening. She’s not real. “Just Dance” has to be a forgery. She has to be sampling. Oh, I know, this is a cover. No? It’s all her? She writes her own songs? Plays the piano? Actually sings? I refuse to believe this. Believing this would mean believing some girl in her early twenties isn’t your run-of-the-mill Piano Princess, and understands the dynamics of pop music well enough to compose an iconic first hit.
2. Bargaining - In addition to “Just Dance,” I’m just going to like “Papparazzi,” but that’s it! I refuse to be a predictable consumer of pop music. I refuse to like all of her radio singles. There’s no denying the girl is good, but she’s not that good. Wait. Her part in Wale’s “Chillin” is pretty decent. “Poker Face” is growing on me. Okay, pop music puppeteers, I’ll like “Chillin” in exchange for liking “Poker Face,” but I refuse to submit to the rest of Gaga. Never.
3. Contempt - I’m beginning to think this bitch killed Michael Jackson…and look at her…standing up for civil rights, and stuff, who does she think she is? How uppity. Does she think she’s, like, important? Well, she’s not. She’s still just a Pop Princess. She still makes soulless pop music that will mean nothing in a couple of years. She’s not great.
4. Acceptance - Lady Gaga is alright. Not a fan or a hater, just an observer- an observer that’s very doubtful of whether she’ll ever produce anything better, or as good as her debut.
5. Obsession - FAME MONSTER leaks. Holy shit. I think the Universe’s water just broke. Birth of a motherfucking icon. I love this woman. I want to be this woman. I want to go to war for this woman. I want to buy her merchandise, and wait up at ungodly hours of the night to see her perform. There is nothing holy in this world, or as sacred as Gaga. Oh hey, shrine. So I have a shrine in my closet of Lady Gaga? This woman is amazing. I’m going to liveblog my reactions to everything she ever does. I want to meet her. I wonder if she has a secret tumblr I don’t know about.
I honestly find her music to be overshadowed by her image, something I am not a fan of. The music is okay at best(in my opinion), but she is KILLER live performer, I can’t deny that.
This is almost exactly what I went through. Sadly don’t have a shrine, though.
1. A cell phone.
2. A hair straightener.
3. Your own computer.
4. Your own car.
5. Chanel/Dior/Gucci sunglasses.
6. A designer purse.
7. A boyfriend/girlfriend.
8. A curling iron.
9. Every Fall Out Boy CD.
10. Something from American Eagle.
11. Something from Hot Topic.
12. Something from Hollister.
13. Something from Abercrombie.
14. A pet.16. Full/Queen-size bed.
15. Some type of trophy/award
17. King-size bed.
18. An iPod.
19. Something from a professional team.
20. Ever had more than $100 at a time.
21. Monster, Full Throttle, Amp, Red Bull, etc. in your fridge.
22. Something Green Day.
24. Myspace.26. A desk in your room.
27. A hill in your backyard.
29. A pair of skis.
30. An alarm clock.
31. A pair of ice skates.
33. A treadmill.
34. Your own phone line.
41. Bath lotion.
42. Necklaces and bracelets.
43. A journal/diary.
44. Yogurt and peaches in your fridge.
45. X’s in your screen name.
46. A birthday in September.
47. A famous relative.
48. A relative in a different state/province.49. A disowned relative.
50. A relative that lives in Florida.
51. Your own bathroom.
52. Your own band.
53. Any rock band shirts.
54. A guitar.
55. A hammock.
56. A basketball hoop.
57. A soccer net.
58. A bike.
59. An electric scooter.
60. A minivan.
61. A V.C. Andrews book.
62. A friend that does drugs/alcohol/smokes.63. A locker at school.
64. A baby.
65. Sparkly blue nail polish.
66. A “Vote for Pedro” shirt.
67. The movie “40 Year Old Virgin”.
68. A promise ring.
69. A pool table.
70. A swimming pool.
73. Flip flops. 74. Steve Madden shoes.
75. The Sims 2.
76. A ping pong table.
77. An air hockey table.
78. A basement.
80. Construction paper.
81. Markers, crayons, etc..
82. Coloring books.
83. A nice singing voice.
84. GameCube. 85. Xbox.
89. Some type of disease.
90. Rose Red movie.
91. VCR/DVD player.93. An older brother.
92. A mom or dad.
94. An older sister.
95. A younger brother.
96. A younger sister.
97. A sled.
98. A lake/pond/river/ocean near your house.
99. Friends who like you.
GOD I’M BORED, CAN YOU TELL
nothing gold can stay promo, B9 banner, easycore tour, and now don’t let her pull you down.
i feel it’s excessive.
I have three Alkaline Trio posters, it’s cool.
What was the last concert you attended?
Cheeky in New Brunswick.
What bands have you seen in concert the most, and how many times?
I’ll do a top five.
- Alkaline Trio 8x
- Bomb the Music Industry! 7x
- My Chemical Romance 6x (fuck yeah middle school)
- No Hollywood Ending 6x (also fuck yeah middle school)
- Reggie and the Full Effect 5x
Do you have any setlists? From what bands?
I took one from some local band because it was still sitting on the stage and I don’t know. So yeah.
Are there any CDs in close proximity to you? Which ones?
What band are you in the mood to see live right this second?
Have you ever been on a tour bus?
Have you ever partied with a band?
How many states/provinces have you been to concerts in?
What bands did you see live the month of May?
Jack Terricloth, Screaming Females, Shellshag.
What CD are you addicted to at the moment?
Who is one band that you used to like, but now you can’t stand?
Most of the stuff I really liked in 9th grade.
Have you ever been on anyones guest list? Whose?
Last band person that you got a picture with?
Uh, probably Alkaline Trio in middle school.
Do you consider yourself a groupie?
How old were you when you went to your first concert?
11 or 12.
Who was it?
Rod Stewart, my parents suck.
Which artists havent you seen yet that you want to see?
Not counting ones that are broken up: Paul Baribeau playing his own stuff, Lucero, Regina Spektor, Lady Gaga, Tegan and Sara
Are you wearing a band shirt right now?
Yup, Night Birds.
What band do you own the most merch of?
Alkaline Trio. About five or six tshirts, three or four hoodies, a belt buckle, a watch, shoelaces, three posters, a tote bag, pins, stickers, etc.
Do you ever do anything crazy at shows?
I yell and punch people if they annoy me. Last time was at the AFI show when I yelled YOU ARE AN ASSHOLE in some guy’s face, he was in a Kings of Leon shirt.
What are your favourite venues to go to shows at?
What band do you have the most performance pictures of?
Alkaline Trio, since I have my friend’s pictures that she took. I don’t take pictures.
Would you ever get a tattoo representing a band?
Planning on getting the obligatory Jawbreaker tattoo.
How many concerts do you average a year?
I say from middle school on I’ve averaged one a month.
Seeing Fake Problems and Psyched to Die, Night Birds and the Besties this week.
Damn you, Polar Bear Club.
Fake Problems - the Heaven & Hell Cotillion
James doesn’t like Fake Problems and this is upsetting. What is wrong with that dude.
Diamond Rings video is the best thing ever. Have you seen them live?
I have, but it was a real long time ago, they opened for Against Me! But I’m seeing them Tuesday!